News & Eventssee what's new!
News - Beware of Phishing
Be Safe and Secure With Your Summer Banking
Summer is almost here, and with it, comes a rise in attempted phishing scams. Phishing occurs when an emailer or phone caller attempts to direct you to enter your online banking credentials, personal information including account numbers, or other sensitive personal information into a phony website.
Recent reports include a rise in phone phishing scams, including calls made by automated systems mimicking a "Federal Trade Commission" or "Federal Agency," or scams informing you "your card has been blocked." These scams often direct the recipient to return a call to a non-tollfree number, upon which point a live person will ask for your banking information, including credit or debit card number.
Your safe and secure banking is important to us. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Please keep in mind:
- If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- If it sounds suspicious, it probably is.
- Any time you receive a suspicious phone call like this, it's a good practice to hang up and call us. Did we initiate a call about your credit card? You can ask.
- Equity Bank phone personnel will never ask for banking information over the phone.
- Any time you have a question, or if you've seen a phishing warning sign, let us know. Call us directly at 1-888-733-5041.